To me root is the downward part of a plant which give it food and water. when i brought my canvas HD for my kid i also brought a 32 GB card in the hope of downloading the games to the SD card. Imagine my surprise when i found that all the programmes from google play go directly to the phone leaving my SD card a virgin…i searched and found a software called app. i played with it and moved some games to SD card. but my external SD card still remained a virgin due to lack of opportunity and i discovered the horrible truth that there is a SD card inside my phone which along with the phone memory occupy 1.7 GB leaving my kid planting a few blows to me demanding his asphalt 7.
i decide to set the matters right and started to learn about rooting and ways to unlock it.
firstly the method is fool proof for micromax canvas HD A116 Android 4.1.2 and has worked for me.
(i am not responsible for making a brick out of your phone and you also loose your warranty by following this method)
1) connect your phone to the PC using the usb cable ..( ypur phone should have 80% charge remaining) you will be asked permission to install some softwares. click agree. safety remove the usb( near the bottom right side click on the usb icon)
2) download motochopper by djrbliss” on your PC. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ge2eepcp816qxtc/motochopper+BY+djrbliss+on+droidrzr.com.zip
3)extract the zip file in a new folder (location of the new folder is immaterial )
4)Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.. (go to settings. and then go to developer options.. you can see a OFF box on the top right side of it. in the open box near it press and then ON in blue color appears..A message also appears. press OK……then you can see USB debugging option . press on the box near it and now the phone is in USB debugging mode
5)connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable.
6)go the folder where the motochopper has been installed. you can see a file called run.bat.
7) click on the run.bat file
8) it asks to press a key and then a message appears saying “daemon started successfully” and it stays there……….
9) there was some problems with the rooting and you can disconnect the usb cable now…..
10) the problem happened due to some incompatibility with the phone drivers installed in your PC..
11) go to http://junefabrics.com/android/downloadold.php (PDANET)and download version 3.5 into your PC
12) connect your phone to your PC and follow all steps (and press ok to promts) asked by the pdanet software
14) many message scrolls and then message appears “Exploit Complete” Next hit enter so that your Phone Reboots.
15) your phone is now rooted and you can disconnect the usb cable.
16) go to google play and download root checker software… run it and it will say that rooting is successful
17)ou can also see icon “SuperSU” in your App
18)”GL to SD ” programme should be downloaded from google play and USE IT TO MOVE YOUR PROGRAMMES TO EXTERNAL SD CARD.
other benefits of rooting http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/1/ive-rooted-my-phone-now-what-what-do-i-gain-from-rooting
Bill gates wannables clearout . this post is not for you.